AB 104 - Pass or No Pass
California State Flag

Martin Luther King High School Family,

Please CLICK HERE to watch an important announcement from Principal Mike West regarding Assembly Bill 104. Governor Gavin Newsom signed Assembly Bill 104 on July 1, 2021. The bill provides for a limited opportunity to request that high school grades earned during the 2020-21 school year be changed from a letter grade to Pass or No Pass. A grade of A, B, C and D can be changed to a Pass and a grade of F can be changed to a No Pass. This process applies only to students attending high school during the 2020-21 school year, and the application must be submitted before 4:30 pm on Monday, August 16, 2021.

Please CLICK HERE to refer to the list of postsecondary educational institutions in California that have indicated they will not penalize students for Pass/No Pass grades for admission purposes.

If you wish to change a grade to Pass or No Pass, you must submit an application. Applications may be submitted one of the following ways: to the MLKHS main office, the district’s front office at 3380 14th Street, Riverside 92501 or by emailing the completed form to [email protected] by 4:30 pm on August 16, 2021. Any application received after that date will not be accepted as stated in the legislation. The application form to request a grade change may be downloaded by clicking here.

For your reference, CLICK HERE to review the AB 104 email sent by RUSD on August 8, 2021. 


Instructions for Aeries Portal - can be found here (Parent Guide

AB 104 Application Form - to request a grade change use this form CLICK HERE

Postsecondary Educational Institutions - not penalizing pass/no pass grades CLICK HERE 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.